The practice of chakra meditation aligns the seven major chakras (which correspond to the body’s endocrine glands) with the power of the environment and the universe. It’s fairly simple to perform chakra meditation as long as you remember to focus on one chakra at a time whilst having a clear mind. Chakra Healing is a great book if you would like to learn more about healing your chakras!
Simply sit still with your spine upright and focus on the particular chakra while taking a deep slow breath. Start with focusing on the root chakra and work your way up slowly to the crown chakra. Make sure you are in a comfortable position without any distractions around you.
As you focus on each chakra, envision beams of light shooting out of you and entering the earth. The idea is to feel a sense of connection with everything around you. Spend about 3-5 minutes on each chakra and do not take more than 30 minutes overall. Only 30 minutes of daily meditation will reap many benefits! If you’re interested in learning about Healing With Crystals download our Free Ebook!
Benefits of Chakra Meditation:
1. A more positive outlook in terms of your thought processes and in your perception and understanding of events and behaviors.
2. Increased concentration, awareness and memory.
3. Heightened creativity and better resourcefulness because of better perception.
4. Better and deeper sleep; You will awake more refreshed in the morning and overall health will also benefit by getting deeper sleep.
5. Reduction of stress in all areas of your life because you will have better control over your emotions and better patience.
6. Improved overall health and well-being. It helps to lower blood pressure which in turn can help prevent strokes and heart disease. It will also alleviate the stress effect on people suffering from chronic illnesses.
7. A balanced and harmonious interdependent function of the body’s major chakras with one another is obtained. With that, the whole body’s biological, emotional, and spiritual aspects become more nourished and balance the body which cleanses physical, emotional and spiritual toxins.