Branding is an important and powerful aspect of making your business and website unique and stand out. If you’re just getting started with your business or website, the logo and trademark for your website and business is something you can do at a later date. However, I highly recommend you have a logo as your business grows as the power of branding is huge!
Your brand is your company’s ‘identity’. This incorporates everything that will make your business unique and that will provide a cohesive service and experience for your customers.
This is the image that you will use almost like a ‘calling card’. It will incorporate your company name in most cases and should evoke your mission statement.
This is a few sentences that will express what your company aims to achieve and how you aim to achieve it. This isn’t what your company does but why and how it does it.
A trademark is a type of intellectual property protection that will ensure no one else can use your company name or your logo. You always need to ensure that your name isn’t already trademarked and it’s worth applying for a trademark for your company.
These are some helpful steps you can use to create and promote your brand:
- Choose a Mission Statement. Find ways to fulfill your mission statement and win your audience’s trust.
- Come up with a name and be sure it isn’t already trademarked. Think about SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and look to see if the domain is free. You can use the site Whois to look for available domain names: https://www.whois.net/
- Create a logo and make sure it is versatile. There are free sites for this such as Canva or you can design one of your own or hire a designer.
- Build a website and use the logo to inspire the design.
- Build brand awareness and a following through a blog, newsletter, or social media.